On behalf of KMEA President Terry Thompson and the more than two thousand
members of the Kentucky Music Educators Association, I congratulate you and
the Bryan Station Middle School Bearcat Orchestra on being selected to
perform at the KMEA Professional Development Conference in February 2019.
As has been the case in the past several years, a large number of
outstanding groups applied for conference performance consideration. You and
your ensemble can be very proud of this competitive selection. Recently, a
committee met to evaluate the submissions in accordance with Board-approved
procedures. I have attached the comments generated by the committee
regarding your recording for you to read if you wish.
I have the following information for you regarding your performance:
* Your performance will be in the afternoon on Thursday, February 7. As the
puzzle pieces fall into place I will be able to finalize the schedule and
send you exact times by September 1.
* Middle School Performing Groups should prepare no more than 17 minutes of
music, and they will have 30 minutes of total stage time.
* Your rehearsal time is 40 minutes and will also be in the morning on
Thursday, February 7.
* Your performance will be on the Kentucky International Convention Center
Ballroom C stage.
* Performance guidelines are attached to this email to give you some
guidance when planning your concert repertoire.
* A group photo for inclusion in the winter issue of the Bluegrass Music
News is due by October 1. Please email your photo to me in electronic
* In late October you will receive a survey requesting repertoire
selections and other performance information.
Again, congratulations on being selected to perform at the 2019 KMEA
Professional Development Conference. You will hear from me periodically
between now and conference time, but please let me know that you have
received this email. We look forward to hearing your ensemble in February!
Kentucky Music Educators Association
2150 Lexington Rd
Harper Square, Suite F
Richmond, KY 40475